I have a closet full of LBDs, but need some new inspiration on how to style them. I thought to myself—what would Rachel Zoe do? What are some creative, on-trend ways that you would wear a little black dress? – Brooke V.
Submitted via: e-mail
Location: Detroit, MI
Thank you for your question! As what is arguably the most crucial article of clothing a girl can own, the little black dress or LBD is irreplaceable, so I am thrilled to hear you have a closet full of them! The options for dressing each frock up or down are endless—all you need is the help of some killer accessories. Try incorporating some of the following…xoRZ
1. Over-the-top earrings – I am all for a statement necklace, but a striking set of earrings are a little less expected and just as cool. An over-the-top pair in jade or turquoise will take your LBD to the next level.
2. Fist full of bracelets – I love the look of glamour with an edge in the form of a fistful of bracelets that blend diamonds, metals and chains. What better way to off-set a chic LBD than with some dirty diamonds?
3. Red pumps – Whenever you slip into a little black dress, it is crucial that you bring it to life with an element of color. Swap out your black heels for a pair of striking red platforms, and prepare to be noticed.
4. Animal print clutch – I die for animal print on anything, especially in an uncommon form, like this urban leopard clutch. Just carrying it will transform your little black frock from proper to playful.
5. Fishnet tights – One of the best ways to up the ante on any black dress is via a pair of flirty fishnets. A more daring choice than solid tights, they will turn heads and bring a timeless element of sex appeal to your look.
6. Faux fur – As a nod to 1960s’ glamour, I love to throw on a faux fur over an LBD ensemble. Look to Marianne Faithfull for futher inspiration!
7. Red lip – Do not be afraid of going all-out with a red lip! This bold makeup move is always unmistakabaly stylish when combined with a little black dress.
8. Tuxedo jacket – Try a slightly androgynous approach with your LBD by slipping into a sharp tuxedo jacket and menswear-inspired lace-up patent flats.