Stylists Talk Spring 2015 Fashion Week Trends
Ever look at a fashion week show and wonder: What were the stylists thinking when they saw this on the runway? Giving us a quick glimpse into their stiletto-filled, double sided tape-stocked world, Jill Lincoln of Rachel Zoe Studio, Laurie Trott of Piperlime and celebrity stylist Caley Lawson Rinker share their thoughts on the trends they’d like to see end, the runway pieces only stylists will appreciate and what they really think of the rise of fashion bloggers. Kick off New York Fashion Week – officially starting today! – with their fun insights.
Stuck at work with no headphones? Okay, here’s your cheat sheet to the top 10 takeaways:
1. Trends that will finally reach their apex this season: midi skirts, crop tops and Birkenstocks. For better or worse.
2. The new normcore is going to be morecore. Think: super-luxe backpacks and bedazzled sneakers.
3. Oscar de la Renta, Zac Posen and Calvin Klein are guaranteed red carpet magic.
4. Ankle strap shoes like Stuart Weitzman’s The Nudist are a stylist’s dream come true…even if they’re not much to look at on the runway.
6. And for editorial shoots it’s the craziest pieces – like Marc Jacobs’ knit bellbottoms – that really get a stylist’s heart palpitating.
7. Big, psychedelic prints and ’70s colors are both street style photographer and paparazzi bait. Get on it.
8. Fashion people fall for “nautical”, “white” and “color-blocking” every. single. season.
9. Every stylist will try to pull Proenza Schouler and Altuzarra’s spring collections the second they hit the runway.
10. Designers, please make more belt bags! (Or the stylists are going to have to start their own line.)
Want more NYFW warm-up? We’ve got bloggers dishing on social media trends and editors talking buzz-worthy stories in honor of the spring 2015 season kickoff. Plus, follow @thezoereport on Instagram for our live, real-time coverage of the New York shows.