Top Bloggers Spill Their Secrets For Social Media Gold
NYFW marks the start of a month’s worth of fashion-fueled frenzy. And thanks to the rise of social media, it’s also dubbed the unofficial Olympics of Instagram. The plethora of shows and events are a bottomless source of eye candy to be snapped and shared with lighting speed. And in the games of constant capturing and documenting, members of the blogging community are the undefeated champions. We asked 4 of our favorite bloggers, Jacey Dupree of Damsel in Dior, Kimberly Pesch of eat.sleep.wear, Grasie Mercedes of Style Me Grasie and Liz Cherkasova of Late Afternoon, to talk trends in social media and share their tips for achieving Instagram gold.
Here’s the play-by-play:
1. Eye-catching prints, elaborate sets, gorgeous models and catchy music (as seen and heard at Zimmerman , Tommy Hilfiger, DVF and Rebecca Minkoff, respectively) are fashion show details sure to catch a blogger’s eye.
2. Don’t leave home without a backup battery, headphones, a personal hotspot (for working in real time) and a GoPro camera for taking videos.
3. If NYFW was a #HASHTAG it would be #myfeethurt or #fashionselfie (use #RZFW to share your fashion week moments with us @thezoereport).
4. The Street Style Star awards go to: Miroslava Duma, Danielle Bernstein and Olivia Palermo (a.k.a. the Fashion Week unicorn).
5. Aiming your camera phone at pastries, coffee, bold colors or cityscapes basically guarantees a wave of approval from your followers.
6. Fun fact: Fashion presentations and detail shots do better on Instagram than actual runway shows.
7. If you can snag a shot of Beyonce or Bill Cunningham in action, you just might get to a million likes.
8. Question: Do phones ever actually get turned off? Answer: Only if the battery dies or for a precious few minutes during meals.
9. Isabel Marant, Trina Turk and our very own Rachel Zoe are blogger favorites to follow, while Victoria’s Secret Angels are the most followed models.
10. Statement bags and not-too-high heels are the necessary accessories too complete a NYFW uniform.
Bonus! Photo-editing app lighting round: Snapseed, Vscocam, FaceTune, Afterlight, PipTapGo, Filterstorm, InstaSize, Diptic, Squareready and Photoshop—and the Wallgreens app is great for printing Instagram photos. Phew!
For more NYFW insider info, check out editors talking buzz-worthy stories and stylists dishing on 2015 trends. Plus, follow @thezoereport on Instagram for our live, real-time coverage of the New York shows.