Beyond the Twilight series, I own quite the collection of fashion tomes, each intended to dress up my coffee table, bookshelf and nightstand accordingly. Just flipping through their pages is hugely inspirational and I often reference them when styling a shoot or executing my own wardrobe. Not unlike the clothes in your closet, selecting which books will make up your library is a very personal and fun undertaking, so I encourage you to diversify my recommendations with subjects you love—i.e. floral design, astronomy, etc. As for fashion, please see my stylish selection below, which is a thoughtfully-edited mix of fabulous volumes, both classic and new, for you to explore! XoRZ
1. What to Wear, Where by Hillary Kerr and Katherine Power: Written by my dear friends and creators of WhoWhatWear.com, this on-trend guide is a bona fide formula to solve all of your what-do-I-wear dilemmas with outfit ideas for every possible occasion.
2. Kate Moss by Mario Testino: One of the latest high-fashion additions to my collection, this recently-published volume is Mario Testino’s photographic homage to Kate Moss, which includes over 100 gorgeous images.
3. Halston: An American Original by Elaine Gross and Fred Rottman: Required reading for any follower of fashion, this heavyweight tome explores the life and work of one of the greatest fashion influences of our time, Halston. Needless to say, it has held a permanent spot on my coffee table for over ten years!
4. Yves Saint Laurent by David Teboul: Another coffee table classic, YSL by David Teboul is beautiful inside and out with an eye-catching fuchsia cover and endless wealth on the French fashion house within its pages.
5. Tom Ford by Bridget Foley and Tom Ford: Last but far from least, Tom Ford’s eponymous book is an all-time favorite of mine. It is sexy, sleek and overflowing with photos.
P.S. Brighten up your wardrobe for the new season with my Bright Ideas guide of 20 Electric Spring Picks!