Ask Rachel: Music Festival Buff
Considering the many concerts I have attended in my lifetime—which I am proud to say includes 30 Grateful Dead shows!—I know a thing or two about how to plan your wardrobe for a rockin’ occasion. Denim cut-offs? Check. Sun-shielding hat? Check. Cross-body bag? Check. And then some! Review my carefully devised full list of MF-appropriate ideas below and when the time comes, tweet me a pic of your final look from the festival! xoRZ
1. Denim Shorts: A music festival-must, denim shorts are always an effortlessly cool route to take. Take your pick from Siwy’s Camilla Shorts in black, Maje’s Eglefin Shorts in red or Michael Kors’ Bleached Cut-offs
2. On-trend Top: To team with your shorts, I recommend Kain’s Open-Knit Sweater, Tucker’s Camisole Top or Blu Moon’s Zuma Tunic.
3. Desert Dress: Polo field and dance tent-approved, ASOS’ Psychedelic Print Dress and 6 Shore Road’s Bedrock Knit Caftan will give you groovy style.
4. Functional Footwear: As much as it pains me to say this, flat shoes are mandatory for a music festival. Sacrifice height without surrendering your look in Topshop’s Freido Metallic Sandals, or Sam Edelman’s Lou Ankle Boots.
5. Cross-body Bag: Safely store away your belongings in a convenient, yet cute bag, like Marc by Marc Jacobs’ Straw Messenger or Wayuu Taya’s Bucket Bag.
6. Floppy Hat: Stay safe from the sun (and hide your messy festival ‘do!) in an oversized floppy hat. I love Eugenia Kim’s Honey Sunhat and Rag & Bone’s Short Brim Hat.
7. Do Not Disturb Signs: The most crucial daytime concert accessory, never leave home without your sunnies! Some faves? Juicy Couture’s Wayfarers and Urban Outfitters’ Cat-Eye Sunglasses.
8. Extra Essentials: The final element to your music festival ensemble, don’t forget to pack a digital cam—I love Sony’s Cyber-shot Camera—Dr. T’s Supergoop! Sunscreen Swipes and CLEAN Anti-Bacterial Moisturizer.