Love the question! As someone who has quite a lot of black in her own closet, I can tell you there are several ways to make the color (or lack thereof) work, even in warmer weather. To give you an idea, I scouted out a handful of this season’s crème de la crème black pieces, as well as of-the-moment picks to rock them with. The main thing to keep in mind here is to balance out whatever black you are wearing with brighter hues, neutral tones or unexpected prints—see my suggestions below. Spring blackout or bust! xoRZ
1. Eyelet Shorts ($75) by J. Crew: Posh black shorts? Love! Team ’em with Diane Von Furstenberg’s Handy Blouse for a sophisticated spring look.
2. Gigi Cropped Flare Jeans ($159) by J Brand: Cropped black jeans are mandatory year-round. Balance out these solid bottoms with an animal print top via Michael Kors’ Snake-Print Button Shirt.
3. Harp Wedges ($275) by Elizabeth and James: Among my favorite new souls for spring, I am crushing hard on these Elizabeth & James understated wedges. They will look beyond with Tucker’s Disco Stretch-Silk Dress.
4. Hyde Leather Jacket ($549) by All Saints: No matter the season, a leather jacket is always a sexy outerwear option. Rock this one with Twelfth St. by Cynthia Vincent’s Ikat Maxi Dress.
5. Candy Dress ($286) by Reformation: I love the fashion-forward silhouette of this sleeveless frock. Keep the look cool with Genetic Denim’s Shooter Jacket and Sam Edelman’s Grenna Sandals.
6. Park Bench Fedora ($58) by Madewell: A spring-to-summer staple, you will get plenty of wear out of this straw topper. Style it with the brand’s Graphic Dress.
7. Button Up Jumpsuit ($154) by Something Else by Natalie Wood: Wild about this jumpsuit! Bring it to new heights with Topshop’s shocking pink Hi Vamp Wedges.
8. Magee Sweater ($275) by Rag & Bone: A soft and stylish find, Rag & Bone’s loose cable knit sweater is the perfect complement to Blank Denim’s Cutoff Shorts.