I’m looking for some on-trend (and on-budget!) denim ideas for right now! What are your faves? Thanks! — Maria, submitted via Submit A Question
You’re in luck! As a booming trend for the past few years and current season—see the spring runways of Derek Lam, Stella McCartney and Celine—there are more ways than ever to make denim work in your wardrobe right now. Let’s dive right in to discuss some options. xoRZ
1. Wide-Leg Jeans – My favorite ’70s-style silhouette is having a mah-jor moment this season. Try Madewell’s Widelegger Jeans ($125) in Explorer Wash to get the look.
2. Denim Jacket – Such a great transitional piece, you can rock a denim jacket year-round. Cheap Monday’s Jean Jacket ($80) is a perfect spring pick.
3. Jean Jumper – A less expected, but still totally cool interpretation of denim. Wear Levi’s Full Leg Romper ($90) from day to night by swapping flat sandals for heels and adding a sharp evening blazer.
4. Sturdy Skirt – This ’90s-reminiscent style is very relevant right now with chic options like Wildfox Couture’s Bardot Skirt ($149). Make the look modern by tucking in a button-up blouse and cinching on a braided belt at the waist.
5. Cutoff Shorts – Every girl needs to own at least one pair of cutoff shorts. DIY your own pair or scoop up Current/Elliott’s Boyfriend Denim Shorts ($170) to wear to the beach, music festivals and beyond.
6. Colored Denim – Hello, rock star. Boldly toned pants are all the rage this season. Work Rag & Bone’s Red Jeans ($198) with a leather jacket and wedge booties for a hot night out.
7. Jean Bag – Accessorize in denim via Rebecca Minkoff’s Washed Leopard Tote ($125) or GAP’s FEED USA Bucket Tote ($40). Both bags will take any look to the next level!
8. Shirt Dress – A feminine take on denim, I love a shirt dress for spring. Add GAP’s Puff Sleeve Dress ($70) into your wardrobe and don’t look back!
9. Structured Button-Up – Trade out your old button-up shirts this spring for a jean blue one! I love the updated feel of The Contrast Shirt ($145) by 7 For All Mankind.
10. Jean Jeggings – A last but not least pick, you have to try a pair of denim leggings. Helmut Lang’s faded pair ($195) will look ba-na-nas with a flowing blouse and striking shoes.