Transitioning to a new season always requires some fresh threads, but like you said, you can totally update your wardrobe by adding just a few key pieces! It’s important to choose basics in patterns and colors that can be paired with almost anything in your closet. Here I compiled an assortment of classic apparel picks, like a denim jacket, neutral dress and slouchy tee, as well as some more trendy ones, such as a leopard blouse and striped shirt—all destined to make you feel fall fashion-ready. Of course, denim is another definite for every season; never settle for just one style of jeans, but switch up your look by simply alternating from a wide-leg to skinny to cropped style. Shop my full list of finds below, and don’t forget, the trick to shutting it down with your basics is to pair them with killer accessories!
1. New Denim Jacket ($325) by 7 For All Mankind: Take your denim jacket to the next level with a sweet floral dress and flat sandals.
2. Brett Silk Shirt ($218) by Equipment: Play up the print of this button-down blouse with a pair of fierce leather shorts.
3. Storm Wide-Leg Jeans ($105) by Level 99: Channel ’70s per-fec-tion with these super wide-leg jeans and a corresponding boho blouse.
4. Knit Midi Skirt ($108) by Bailey 44: Update your skirt selection with this on-trend midi length skirt by Bailey 44.
5. Pocketed Slouchy Tee ($80) by Nation LTD: Spice up a great basic tank with some brightly-hued denim!
6. Crepe de Chine Jumpsuit ($345) by DKNY: Offset the simplicity of this jumpsuit with a killer statement necklace.
7. Arrow Dress ($120) by LNA: Throw on a leather vest with this nude dress for a look that’s totally rock ‘n roll.
8. Pencil-leg Jeans ($180) by J Brand: A pair of classic slim-fit jeans are an absolute must in any basics line-up!
9. Oversized Striped T-shirt ($90) by Kain: This striped tee is the perfect go-to top for any daytime look.
10. Molly Jersey Maxi Dress ($295) by Elizabeth & James: The low back and simple silhouette of this maxi look OOC with great leather ankle boots.
Availability: Shop Wardrobe Basics now at Rachelzoe.com.
P.S. Shop the last installment in my Jet-Set Series to conjure up a Capri-cool ensemble on your next beach outing!