Tech junkies everywhere, listen up: Today Apple announced more details regarding its highly anticipated latest product, the Apple Watch. Available for preorder April 10 and officially released April 24, Apple’s unparalleled take on wearable tech is worth getting behind. Available in three models—the aluminum Watch Sport, the stainless steel Watch and the 18-karat or rose gold Watch Edition)—these timepieces do a whole lot more than, well, tell you the time. Here are the 8 takeaways from Apple’s event in San Francisco today and styling tips for how to wear the watch once it finally becomes a reality.
1. Each model is available in two sizes: 1.5 inches and 1.65 inches. The affordable 1.5-inch Watch Sport starts at $349, while the super-luxe Watch Edition starts at $10,000.
2. The Apple Watch has up to 18 hours of battery life and is easily recharged via a small magnetic piece that clips to the back of the watch.
3. Fitness buffs, rejoice: The watch come complete with a heart-rate sensor for tracking movement, which makes it a great exercise companion.
4. The Apple Watch’s first-ever marathon was completed while on the wrist of Christy Turlington Burns. How chic!
5. When you receive an alert, the Apple Watch “taps” you on the wrist to let you know.
6. The accessory also includes brand-new ways for users to interact with other watch wearers, including sending playful heartbeats, taps and scribble sketches to their friends via Digital Touch.
7. The crown of the watch controls the device like a mouse pointer, it scrolls and can be twisted to zoom in and out.
8. There are tons of different interchangeable band options so you can choose the one that suits your style best and then switch it out when you’re tired of it. So, we can basically make it a new accessory every time the wind blows? And we’re sold.
Watch & Learn
See how we'll be wearing the Apple Watch once it's finally released this spring.