Makeup Looks For Day And Night
We like to get the most bang possible for our buck, so we love when a few key pieces of makeup go the distance. A dab of a bold lipstick here, a swipe of a pretty eye shadow there, and the results can be dramatic. Of course, sometimes it’s all about a classic look you can count on for trustworthy and beautiful results. Here, get the steps for 2 of our go-to makeup looks: a neutral eye and nude lip for a day at the office, and a cat eye paired with a vampy lip for a night on the town.
There's nothing better than an eye-shadow palette comprised of a rainbow of exciting hues. With that in mind, Kat Von D has created the Monarch and the Chrysalis, 2 palettes just as beautiful inside as they are out, complete with 2 very different compositions of color. Complement any ensemble with 1 of the 30 Studded Kiss Lipstick shades, a swipe of her signature Ink Liner and a coat of Immortal Lash 24 Hour Mascara for a gorgeous look all day long.
The Work Appropriate Makeup Look
A natural makeup look can be classic and feminine without being boring. Draw focus to your eyes with subtle pops of metallics that contrast a nude lip. Finish the timeless style with a voluminous ponytail and a structured blazer.
Begin with your go-to foundation routine. Keep it dewy and subtle for daytime.
1. Swipe a nude shadow on the entire lid, starting at the inner corners of eyes and extending out to the brow bone. Add depth by blending in a brown copper to the crease and slightly winging out at the outer corner. Lastly, dab a silvery taupe shadow on the center of the lid for a hint of a playful-yet-work-appropriate shimmer.
2. Line the upper lash with a black eyeliner pen starting three-quarters of the way in and slightly thickening at the outer corners.
3. Curl lashes and apply mascara to the top lashes. Skip mascara on the lower lashes for work so as to avoid looking like a raccoon by the day's end.
4. Apply a swipe of peachy nude lipstick to finish the look.
Shop The Products
The Night Out Makeup Look
Getting ready for a night out is the perfect time to play with new shades and fun techniques. Give the classic red lip a rocker edge with winged-out shadow and liner. Pair this beauty look with a moto jacket and tousled hair.
Begin with your go-to foundation and contouring routine.
1. Generously sweep a pearlescent light gray shadow from the inner eye to the brow bone. Apply a deep, shimmery silver to the lid starting at the lash line and blending into the crease. Trace the outer lash line with a dark navy shadow and wing out toward the ends of the brows.
2. With a black eyeliner pen, create a thick, elongated cat eye following the flick of the eye shadow.
3. Curl lashes and apply mascara to the top and bottom lashes. Create layers while allowing mascara to dry in between coats for longer lashes. Wiggle the wand at the roots to separate lashes and avoid clumping.
4. Apply a deep red lipstick to complete the look. Blot with a tissue in between coats to keep color from feathering.