For a polished ponytail à la Balmain:
- If you are starting with unwashed hair, add some texture with a few doses of dry shampoo. For a freshly washed mane, work in a volumizing gel or texturizing paste when hair is still damp.
- Using a round brush, blow dry hair in small sections on low heat. Make sure to lift each segment and dry at the base of the roots for body and volume.
- Once hair is fully dry, work a dime-sized amount of smoothing serum into the ends.
- Next, collect your mane into a loose ponytail, making sure to brush over the top, sides and back as you go.
- Once you feel the crown is smoothed to your liking, secure your hair with a clear elastic.
- Finish the look with a mist of hairspray and a styling cream to give locks a glossy, healthy sheen. (Tip: add some edge to your look with a metallic hair tie or decorative embellishment.)