I am shopping for a few different holiday party outfits and wondering—how can I wear sequins without looking cheesy?
- Abby, via Submit A Question
While we obviously love ourselves some sequins, we understand your trepidation with trying the trend. Rest-assured, there are plenty of ways to rock the look sans the cheese. All you have to do is abide by a few guidelines: 1. Don’t overdo it—i.e. if you are wearing a sequined top, pass on the sequined scarf and vice versa. 2. Start small. Get your feet wet—er, sparkling—with a pair of shimmering shoes or even a glitterfied mani before pulling out all the stops in a sequined dress. 3. Don’t limit sequins to night. Work the shiny discs into your daytime look—perhaps via a sequined jacket?—for an unexpected, glamorous touch. You get the idea? To further inspire you to style your look with sequins, we pulled ten Team Zoe-approved pieces for today. Shop them below and we promise you will shine on through the season. Ready, set, sequins!
1. Scala Pencil Skirt ($185) by AllSaints
2. Janine Sequin-embellished Earmuffs ($195) by Eugenia Kim
3. Glitter Harness Boots ($257) by Senso
4. Sequin Dolman Top ($275) by Rachel Zoe
5. Sequin Fray Jacket ($195) by MICHAEL Michael Kors
6. Night Sky Sequin Shorts ($125) by Madewell
7. Sequin Clutch ($60) by Zara
8. Faux Wrap Dress ($352) by Parker
9. Alep Cropped Sequin Pants ($460) by Antik Batik
10. Stairway To Heaven Nail Polish ($18) by Deborah Lippmann
P.S. ‘Tis the season to indulge in diptyque Paris! Shop now through November 28th and receive free shipping! Use code: zoereport34 in shopping bag.