OFFICIAL Contest Rules
To enter, you must read the official contest rules below. You hereby agree to these rules by entering the contest as provided below. Internet access is required.
By entering this contest, you agree that your entry and the personal information collected from you in connection with this contest will be shared with the sponsor. Sponsor’s use of your personal information is subject to the sponsor’s privacy policies at the links provided below.
No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited.
- Contest Description. The Zoe Report’s Third Birthday Contest (the “Contest”) involves creating a Pinterest Board (www.pinterest.com) entitled “Happy B-Day The ZOE Report”. Judges will choose the winning entries and prizes will be awarded to one entrant (the “Entrant(s)”) in accordance with these Official Rules (the “Rules”).
- Binding Agreement. In order to enter the Contest, you must agree to these Rules. The Rules consist of: (i) the terms and conditions on this page; and (ii) the instructions Pin on http://pinterest.com/thezoereport/happy-b-day-the-zoe-report. Because these Rules form a legally binding agreement with respect to this Contest, please read them carefully. If you do not agree to the Rules, you are not eligible to participate in the Contest or to win any of the prizes. You agree that registration for this Contest and/or a submission of an entry in the Contest constitutes your agreement to these Rules.
- Contest Period. The Contest begins on July 30, 2012 at 9:00:00 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time (PDT). The Contest ends on August 4, 2012 at 11:59:59 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time (PDT).
- How To Enter. To enter, you must do each of the following: (a) have or create a Pinterest account (go to www.pinterest.com), (b) during the Contest Period follow on Pinterest both The Zoe Report at http://pinterest.com/thezoereport/ and Barneys NY at http://pinterest.com/BarneysNY/, (c) create a Pinterest Board (the “Board”) using the instructions on http://pinterest.com/thezoereport/happy-b-day-the-zoe-report entitled “Happy B-Day The ZOE Report”, (d) once the Board is created, Pin a head-to-toe celebratory outfit, including three (3) items from www.barneys.com and use the hashtag #TZRbday on each Pin, and you may change and edit your Board, provided that all changes and edits are completed prior to the end of the Contest Period, and (e) paste the link to the Board beneath the instructions Pin on http://pinterest.com/thezoereport/happy-b-day-the-zoe-report. You are only entitled to one (1) entry during the Contest Period. Any attempt by any Entrant to obtain more than the stated number of entries by using multiple/different e-mail addresses, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods will void that entrant’s entries and that Entrant may be disqualified. Use of any automated system is prohibited and will result in disqualification. All entries must be received by 11:59:59 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time (PDT) on the last day of the Contest Period. Any submission not meeting the aforementioned criteria will be disqualified. Sponsor accepts no responsibility for submissions lost, delayed, damaged, defaced, or mislaid, howsoever caused. Sponsor reserves the right at their sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest, or any portion thereof, for any reason, without limitation.
- Conduct. By entering the Contest, you agree to comply with and be bound by the Rules and Pinterest’s Terms of Service, available at http://pinterest.com/about/terms/. Failure to comply with these Rules may result in your disqualification from the Contest. You further agree to comply with and be bound by the decisions of the judges, which are final and binding in all respects. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any Entrant it finds to be: (1) tampering or attempting to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Contest; (2) violating the Rules; (3) violating the terms of service, conditions of use or general rules or guidelines of any of Sponsor’s or Pinterest’s properties or services; (4) acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with the intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person; or (5) failure to provide documentation verifying U.S. citizenship or permanent U.S. residency. Any false information provided within the context of the Contest by any Entrant concerning identity, postal address, ownership of rights or non-compliance with the Rules may result in the immediate disqualification of an Entrant from the Contest. Sponsor further reserves the right to disqualify any entry that they believe in their sole and unfettered discretion, infringes upon any third party right, violates any law or otherwise does not comply with these Rules. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY PROPERTY OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
- Judging and Selection of Winners. Entries will be judged by judges selected and appointed by Sponsors’ based on the following judging criteria:
- Sponsor. The Contest is sponsored by Zoe Media Group, LLC, (owner and operator of www.thezoereport.com), having an address of 8380 Melrose Avenue – 3rd Floor, Los Angeles, California 90069 (“Sponsor”).
- Eligibility. This Contest is open only to individuals who are permanent legal residents of the United States of America (defined for purposes of these Official Contest Rules as the 50 states (excluding Rhode Island) and the District of Columbia) who are 18 years of age or older at the time of entry. The following individuals are not eligible: employees, contractors, directors and officers of Sponsor and their respective parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, distributors, web designers, judges, representatives, agents and advertising and promotion agencies and any other entity involved in the development or administration of this Contest, and their immediate family members (spouse, parent, child, sibling or “step” of each) or household members (those persons whether related or not who live in the same residence for at least three months during the twelve-month period preceding the start date of the Contest). All prizes won by minors will be awarded to their parents or legal guardians on their behalf. Winner may be required to sign an Affidavit of Eligibility and complete relevant tax forms as a condition to the delivery of the applicable prize. Void where prohibited by law. All applicable federal, state and local laws apply.
(i) artistic merit;
(iii) communication of the Contest theme; and
(iv) whether the submission adheres to these Rules.
Sponsor reserves the right to select and appoint alternate judges at any time, at its sole discretion. Decisions of the judges are final and binding. If a winner is not able for whatever reason to accept his or her prize, then Sponsor reserves the right to award the prize to another Entrant. Any prize won by a minor under the age of 18 will be awarded to minor’s parent or legal guardian who must sign and submit all prize acceptance and parental consent documents and accept prize on behalf of minor.
- Prize. At the end of the Contest Period, one (1) winner will be selected by judges from all eligible entries received during the Contest Period to receive a prize of one (1) $500 Gift Card to Barneys NY. Total Retail Value of the prize is $500. Decisions of the Sponsor are final and binding with respect to all matters related to the Contest. All prizes will be awarded. In no event shall the Sponsor be obligated to award more prizes than the number of prizes stated in these Official Contest Rules. No prize substitution, cash substitution, or assignment or transfer of prizes is permitted, except by the Sponsor because of unavailability, in which case a prize of equal or greater value will be awarded. The winner will be notified through www.pinterest.com. If you are under the age of 18 and you are selected as a winner of the prize, you must obtain the permission of your parent and/or legal guardian, who must agree to these Official Contest Rules on his/her and your behalf and submit a parental consent form (described in more detail below in General Conditions and Releases) prior to receiving the prize, which will be awarded to your parent or legal guardian on your behalf. Winner shall be responsible and liable for all federal, state and local taxes on the value of the prize. Entrants are encouraged to print out a copy of these Official Contest Rules for future reference. Alternatively, a copy of these Official Contest Rules can be obtained by sending a self-addressed, stamped envelope (residents of VT and WA may omit return postage) to: Official Contest Rules – The Zoe Report’s Third Birthday Contest, Zoe Media Group, LLC., 8380 Melrose Avenue 3rd Floor, Los Angeles, California 90069.
- No Recourse to Judicial or Other Procedures. To the extent permitted by law, the rights to litigate, to seek injunctive relief, or to any other recourse to judicial or any other procedure in case of disputes or claims resulting from or in connection with this Contest are hereby excluded, and you expressly waive any and all such rights.
- LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, YOU INDEMNIFY AND AGREE TO KEEP INDEMNIFIED SPONSOR AT ALL TIMES FROM AND AGAINST ANY LIABILITY, CLAIMS, DEMANDS, LOSSES, DAMAGES, COSTS AND EXPENSES RESULTING FROM ANY ACT, DEFAULT OR OMISSION BY YOU AND/OR A BREACH OF ANY OF THESE RULES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION REPRESENTATION AND WARRANTY BY YOU SET FORTH HEREIN. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, YOU INDEMNIFY AND AGREE TO KEEP INDEMNIFIED SPONSOR AT ALL TIMES FROM AND AGAINST ANY LIABILITY, ACTIONS, CLAIMS, DEMANDS, LOSSES, DAMAGES, COSTS AND EXPENSES FOR OR IN RESPECT OF WHICH SPONSOR WILL OR MAY BECOME LIABLE BY REASON OF OR RELATED OR INCIDENTAL TO ANY ACT, DEFAULT OR OMISSION BY YOU UNDER THESE RULES INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION RESULTING FROM OR IN RELATION TO ANY BREACH, NON-OBSERVANCE, ACT OR OMISSION WHETHER NEGLIGENT OR OTHERWISE, PURSUANT TO THESE RULES BY YOU. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, YOU AGREE TO HOLD SPONSOR AND ITS DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES AND ASSIGNS HARMLESS FOR ANY INJURY OR DAMAGE CAUSED OR CLAIMED TO BE CAUSED BY PARTICIPATION IN THE CONTEST AND/OR USE OR ACCEPTANCE OF ANY PRIZE WON OR AWARDED.
- Third Parties. Sponsor is not responsible for the policies, actions, or inactions of others, including Entrant’s parents/legal guardian that might prevent the Entrant from entering, participating, claiming a prize and/or being awarded in this Contest. This Contest is not sponsored by Pinterest and Pinterest is in no way affiliated with, related to or sponsored by Sponsor.
- Intellectual Property. By registering for the Contest and/or submitting an entry you agree explicitly that all components of your Board are indeed original creations. Any intellectual property infringement, misuse or plagiarism of another’s work in any form or state will result in immediate disqualification and forfeiture of eligibility to receive all awards, recognition and prizes. You also agree to allow Sponsor to make public statements regarding any disqualifications and any grounds for disqualification. All intellectual property and intellectual property rights in any entries that belonged to the Entrants will remain with the Entrants; provided, however, by registering for the Contest and/or submitting an entry, you grant to Sponsor a worldwide, non-exclusive right and license to use, print, copy, modify, distribute, promote and publicly display your Board and any other submission materials for any purpose in connection with the Contest, including without limitation (a) press and media communications; and (b) display on the Sponsor’s Web sites, without any compensation to you. You also agree to participate in any media or promotional activity regarding the Contest. If you are a winner of this Contest, you agree that Sponsor may use your name and likeness to administer and promote the Contest and to conduct media interviews and promotional events. You further agree that Sponsor shall not have any liability whatsoever for any unauthorized copying or reproduction of any Board or material submitted thereon by you in connection with the Contest.
- Internet. Sponsor is not responsible for electronic transmission errors resulting in omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operations or transmission. Sponsor is not responsible for theft or destruction or unauthorized access to or alterations of Contest materials, or for technical, network, telephone equipment, electronic, computer, hardware or software malfunctions or limitations of any kind. Sponsor is not responsible for inaccurate transmissions of or failure to display Contest materials on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any Web site or any combination thereof. If for any reason the Internet portion of the Contest is not capable of running as planned, including as a result of infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Contest, Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest or any portion thereof, without limitation.
- Severability. If any provision(s) of these Rules are held to be invalid or unenforceable, all remaining provisions hereof will remain in full force and effect.
- General Conditions. This Contest is governed by the laws of the State of California, United States. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. By participating in this Contest, entrants agree that California courts shall have exclusive jurisdiction over any dispute or litigation arising from or relating to this Contest and that venue shall be only in Los Angeles, California. Prize winners are solely responsible for all federal, state and local taxes on prizes; Sponsor will issue to winner an I.R.S. Form 1099 for the retail prize value for tax reporting purposes. By participating in this Contest, you agree to be bound by the terms of these Rules and by Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding on all matters pertaining to this Contest. Return of any prize/prize or award notification may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner. Any potential winner who cannot be contacted within five (5) business days of attempted first notification will forfeit his or her prize. Potential prize winners may be required to sign, notarize, and return an affidavit or declaration of eligibility, a liability/publicity release, an I.R.S. Form W-9, within three (3) business days and provide any additional information that may be required by Sponsor. Failure to comply within this time period may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner. Sponsor is not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing of the offer, administration of the Contest or in the announcement of the prizes or awards. Entrants certify that their submission is original, the submission is drawn without any help from any third party, and that they are the sole and exclusive owner and rights holder of the submitted submission (or if they are not sole and exclusive owner and rights holder of the submission, that they have obtained the necessary permission to include the submission in the Contest) and that they have the right to submit the submission in the Contest. Each Entrant agrees not to participate in the Contest in any manner that might: (i) infringe any third-party proprietary, intellectual property, industrial property, personal rights or other rights, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret or confidentiality obligation; or (ii) otherwise violate applicable law in any countries in the world.
- Winner List. The name of the winners will be posted on thezoereport.tumblr.com within two (2) weeks of the end of the Contest. To receive a complete list of winners, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope (residents of VT and WA may omit return postage) to: Prize Fulfillment, Zoe Media Group, LLC, 8380 Melrose Avenue 3rd Floor, Los Angeles, California 90069. Requests received more than sixty (60) days after the end of the Contest will not be honored.