For a Phillip Lim-inspired half-moon mani:
- Trim and file nails to the desired shape, making sure to file in only one direction starting at the edges. (Tip: a dual-tone style looks best with long, almond-shaped nails.)
- Buff and shine nails with a buffing block. Wash hands and swipe each nail with polish remover to ensure each is clean and properly prepped.
- Apply a base coat to each nail. Follow with one coat of a sapphire-shaded polish—we love OPI Road House Blues—to the entire nail bed and allow the lacquer to fully dry.
- Apply French manicure tip guides to the bottom third of each nail.
- Apply two coats of a sandstone-shaded polish—try RGB in Camel—from the top of the tip guide to the top of the nail. Once this shade dries, peel off each of the stickers.
- Finish with a high-shine top coat over each entire nail.
When it comes to rocking next level nails this winter, just remember: the bolder, the better!