I adore the look of "color blocking" but don't know how to tackle the trend. What bright wardrobe pieces should I mix to pull off the style? Many thanks!
- Monica, via Submit A Question
Great question! I am a big fan of color blocking, and the only rule for the trend is that there really are no rules! Color blocking throws the idea of “mismatching” out the window, giving you the freedom to pair a shocking pink top with eye-catching teal shorts, hot purple pants or a bright chartreuse skirt. Way fun! Taking inspiration from the Gucci and Jill Sander runways, I pulled a variety of bold pieces for today for you to consider when tackling your own color blocked ensemble. You’ll notice they are mostly clean, unfussy silhouettes which will come together smoothly to create a pristine, fresh look. Mix and match my picks to your liking, and whatever you do, don’t be afraid to color block outside of the lines! xoRZ
1. Becky Jacket ($325) by Rebecca Minkoff
2. Pleat-front Silk Shorts ($200) by Tibi
3. Maniac Platform Pumps ($735) by Brian Atwood
4. Silk-chiffon Mini Skirt ($300) by Adam
5. Uneven Tee ($160) by Gryphon
6. The Ankle Skinny Jeans ($170) by Current/Elliott
7. Leather Portfolio Clutch ($95) by ASOS
8. Kong Straight-leg Pants ($395) by Joseph
9. Feather Skirt ($395) by Rag & Bone
10. Audrey Long Sleeve Top ($187) by Boulee
P.S. Want to achieve some St.Tropez-inspired style this summer? Shop my just-launched guide of 10 Riviera-Ready Finds!