Hot Black Bean & Corn Fiesta Dip
A dish from Aggie Goodman, Aggie’s Kitchen
- 1 15oz can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup frozen corn, defrosted
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 15 oz can diced tomatoes, drained
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Pinch salt and pepper, to taste
- 2-3 splashes of hot sauce, optional
- 8 oz block pepper jack cheese, shredded and divided
- Fresh cilantro
- Fresh sliced jalapenos
- Sliced black olives
- Chopped green onion
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. In a large bowl combine black beans, corn, red bell pepper, tomatoes, seasonings and hot sauce (if using). Mix half of shredded cheese into to bean mixture.
2. Spray a 8×11 glass or ceramic baking dish with non-stick spray. Add bean and cheese mixture to baking dish. Top with remaining cheese and place into heated oven.
3. Bake dip for approximately 25 minutes until bubbly and cheese is golden. Let rest for a few minutes before serving. Top with fresh cilantro, fresh sliced jalapenos, black olives and chopped green onion. Serve with your favorite baked tortilla chips or scoops.